Landmark Information Group, part of the Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT), is the UK's leading provider of land and property search information, including digital mapping, environmental risk reports for property professionals and sophisticated property management tools for surveyors, risk and fraud managers and the broader financial markets. It also has operations in Germany in the form of On-Geo, and interests in Holland. We develop both products and services/solutions for our customers, ranging from environmental consultants, surveyors and some of the UK's largest banks & lending institutions (to name just a selection) who all have a common interest - land and property information.
Landmark Solutions is part of Landmark Information Group, and has a strong and successful record of designing, building, implementing, operating and supporting complex information management applications. These support the business operations or statutory duties of numerous organisations in the public and private sectors. We manage, operate and support a number of enterprise solutions on behalf of our clients from our high performance, resilient and secure managed service IT platforms - to very high levels of service and availability.
Software is changing the world and as the UK’s leading provider of land and property information we are at the center of the changes taking place in the industry. Landmark's success has been founded on creating new and innovative information services based on a broad variety of environmental and geographical datasets, supporting a wide range of customers.
We believe that the difference between making good software and great software is down to our Developers In Test and their close relationships with the development teams. This can mean; pairing with a developer and working on enhancing exploratory testing one day, devising scenarios to verify a products’ quality the next, developing and extending automation test frameworks, then working with others to improve development processes.
This role is a crucial evolution for Landmark and you will play a leading part in speeding up development time whilst consistently delivering a high standard of product. You will be working in a growing agile development environment, working directly with developers on innovative technologies and industry leading products, as well as collaborating closely with product managers and support engineers. You will be assessing and mitigating risks, solving quality challenges, performing exploratory and automated testing and improving processes, all as a member of a highly talented and supportive development team.
• Serve as the quality owner of a given product set within the development stream; taking ownership of the management, coordination, scheduling and execution of all required testing
• Create and execute test scenarios (automated by preference) to verify the implementation of a story/requirement and manage and defects
• Be the conduit in the development team for production releases, working with the operations team to ensure successful code deployments
• Develop and maintain existing automation frameworks through identifying areas for improvement and implementing the changes required
• Ensure that the testability of product development is continually considered to provide the foundations of a stable and reliable automation pack
• Continually identify any improvements in approach and process that will help facilitate a ‘quality at speed’ ethos
• Collaborate closely with those involved across the product development cycle to ensure they are kept informed
• Actively encourage and support other members of the development team to be involved with testing related tasks to enhance the skills within the whole team
• Be actively involved in the developer In Test / QA community to help share knowledge and experiences, as well as to support evolution of the discipline itself
• Participate in application development for stories within Sprint
The environments we work in need all Landmark staff to be innovative and focused on business success. As a result, you will need to be excited by challenges and motivated to play an integral part in developing and delivering outstanding software, not just prevent poor software from being released.
We understand that shipping quality software requires more than just testing and involves improvements to processes, tools and testing approaches. It means collaborating closely with developers, diving deep into code and constant innovation. If you are someone that actively pushes for and implements change, someone who continually develops and balances both technical and soft skills, someone who understands that making great software requires preventing problems, not just finding them, then this position was made for you.
Additionally you will possess the ability and willingness to learn new technology quickly with a passion for software engineering excellence. You will need to be a great team player and have the ability to adapt to new challenges and overcome hurdles.
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience for this role, and want to be part of an exciting organisation that transforms the land and property industries, we would like to hear from you.